Oracle MVA

Tales from a Jack of all trades

Repository Creation Assistant

leave a comment »

While creating a repository for an SOA installation, I ran into some abnormalities. First of all I found out the hard way that nls_length_semantics has to be set to byte. Somehow Oracle missed this setting in the documentation.

Next I choose to create custom usernames for the schemas which matched the customers standards. Now I just found out that it is not possible to change the username of the component schema in the Fusion Middleware Configuration Wizard, even though the documentation says I could.

Somehow I can’t escape the feeling that my day will consist of MOS-ing all day long again…


Written by Jacco H. Landlust

December 2, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Posted in Installing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: